testmatch;485451 Wrote:

> One thing that I'd like to see implemented is the option to have an
> icon in the notification area to quickly return to the application when
> it's running in the background. The free Squeezer has that, and is the
> only feature of the others that I miss so far.

The problem with the notification area is that this breaks a bit the
Android specs, because you need a special QUIT button to make this work.
(Otherwise, the app would always stay in the notification area)
But a QUIT button is not recommended in Android. You normally just
"leave" the program (e.g. by pressing the HOME button) and it stays in
the background until the memory is needed for another app.

But what about pressing the HOME key for a long time? :-)
This Android shortcut shows you a list of your recently used apps!
(I think this feature is *very* handy, but most people do not know
it...)

--
flattermann

Home of 'SqueezeCommander' (http://sqcmdr.flattermann.net) - The
SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android