well, it worked.  (I would've tried it sooner but "why in the world
would that make a difference, it's always worked fine like this" :) )

I put SServer on the desktop with the music.  At first it said "Can't
Find Player" but once I went to the player and stepped thru the process
of connecting it (again) to the network, they found each other.
And thanks for the tip about :9000, I did not know how simple that
was.

So, I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth; but this sorta
thing always happens to me with regards to technology.
1.  I can't get it to work
2.  I do a bunch of stuff
3.  It works
4.  I have no idea why it didn't work before.
5.  I move on.

lol.

well, thanks again!

--