Is it called reclocking? The idea used by Naim is really simple and
elegant - the only downside being that it doesn't really warrant a fancy
naim :) Buffering in a 'time-independet' way, really describes well all
they are doing.

Anyway. Its up to everyone to trust in what is written or not, but the
whitepaper quite well describes the design of the DAC. Personally I find
it highly unlikely that Naim would publish a whitepaper in the name of
the designers with false claims regarding the technical implementations
used in the DAC.

As for the OP's question I have not yet heard the DAC. I will do so in
a bit more than one weeks time. Though this time not directly against
the TP.

I did however very recently have a chance to compare the TP directly
against a CD5x. I wrote a longish report on a Danish forum, but the
short story is that the TP does not quite cut it against a CD5x. Initial
reports regarding the merits of the DAC relative to Naim's own line of
cd-players may at this time be influenced by initial excitement, but
still I expect the DAC to perform at least as well as a CD5x - whence
the answer to your question follows...

--
bhaagensen