Phil Leigh;511961 Wrote:
> You need to be running SBS 7.4.2
I am running SBS 7.4.2 and have no problems listening to 24/96 FLAC
files, but my TacT 2.2 sync light also reflects only 44.1 kHz. BTW, My
current audio system is comprised of the following components: PC +
Slimserver connected to Soundbox 3 via ethernet; SB3 digital out
directly into digital preamp (Tact 2.2); digital out from preamp to
digital in of Boz digital amps. There are essentially no analogue
components in the path from the audio files stored on hard drive to the
speakers which themselves have configurable digital crossovers. I'm
using the SB3 purely as a lightweight client, i.e., using it and its
remote to select digital audio files from my PC for playback on my Hi-Fi
system.

I have recently started purchasing 24 bit/96 kHz high resolution FLAC
files from sites such as HDtracks.com. Does the SB3 send these files
sampled at 96 kHz to the digital preamp in this format, or does it
reduce the sampling frequency to 44.1 kHz? (As mentioned previously, the
information on the TacT 2.2 indicates that the incoming sample is only
44.1 kHz and not 96 kHz.)

I know that as far as analogue goes, the Touch supports these high
resolution formats in the analogue domain, but I won't be using the
analogue output so I don't see any need at present to purchase the
Touch.

Your experience and input would be much appreciated.

--
Anton