Locuth;522723 Wrote:
> "never" := "less than 5 per 100 queries in a representive sample of
> use-cases in a representive sample of server setups"
> :-)

OK. So the typical selection of some music to play requires, what, 5
queries (you can have less if you know exactly what to play and how to
find it, but that's not the only use case) so every 4ths try will fail.
Plus you will see those clustered around:
- people with lower spec servers (as of my experience: ~30 of SB users,
those with a NAS)
- people browsing by Genre since this query is incredibly slow... wait:
do you support Genres at all, can't remember right now.
- people using long playlists, these hurt server performance
dramatically
- people using transcoding

Some of these might find the result completely unusable.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com