pippin;524647 Wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> Agree, although I don't think this will be necessary unless you are in
> a pretty remote area. Google is pretty good at locating stuff through
> WiFi these days. Hey, they know EVERYTHING about you.
> Where I live - ok a pretty urban area - the WiFi location on my iTouch
> is about as good as the GPS one on my iPhone.

I think the iPod Touch may, in part rely on Skyhook data to do WiFi
locate.  After I updated Skyhook's database with my WiFi MAC's and GPS
coordinates, I now show up at home when using location services on my
iPod Touch.

basic info:
http://www.skyhookwireless.com/

add an access point:
http://www.skyhookwireless.com/howitworks/submit_ap.php

--
twylie

Thecus N5200 -> transporter -> Krell KRC2 -> 4 x nuforce 8b -> Von
Schweikert VR-4 Gen III

Thecus N5200 -> SB3 -> Monarchy DIP -> Monarchy Super DIP -> Monarchy
18b -> AES 845 monos -> Sonus Faber Concertos / Audio Physic Sparks

Thecus N5200 -> SB3 -> Russound CAV6.6 and CAM6.6 -> whole house audio