Anything that can be downloaded and saved as a PDF, I think, can be the source.
For instance, I collect the Gardiner/Monteverdi Choir Bach Cantatas. They have
superb and extended programme notes, available to download as PDFs (although
it's easy enough to convert and save pages that aren't using the Print menu).
For Mac users, it is a piece of cake to attach these to albums in iTunes using
these of Doug's Applescripts:

<http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=pdfadder>

The downloads are then accessible from iTunes via a shortcut (a picture of a
book) displayed in the interface next to a track listing in the album entitled
"Booklet". Clicking on the track opens "Preview" (or whatever your default app
for looking at PDFs is) next to, or over, the iTunes window.

What I mean is making this also possible in iPeng - only iPeng could do it
better because it would give the ability to view these PDFs next to, and in the
same view/appication as, all the other track info/artwork/playing info that
iPeng displays already - and I am a big fan, by the way - on something the size
of an iPad. In all ways but one (handling the actual cardboard) better than
having the CD/LP covers themselves, as far as I can see.