seanadams Wrote:
> Kevin says he emailed you on 9/8, the same day you contacted us. Please
> double check your mail.
I've checked and there definately is no e-mail, either in the inbox or
the junk & trash folders, so what Kevin said in his message will remain
unknown to me.

As an update I again had to go through the SB2 wireless set-up section
tonight to get it talking to the slimserver. It's as though the SB2
'forgets' the network password, and so it can't 'see' the slimserver on
the network. Could this possibly be similar to the changing MAC address
issue that some people have experienced? Anyway, tomorrow I'll be
looking at purchasing a new wireless router, though on Saturday I'll be
going away on vacation for a week so I won't be able to give the
(whatever new system) a long enough trial before leaving.

Now reading some of the posts in this thread I get the impression that
some people believe that the slimserver software is at fault, and if
this has been gleaned from anything I've posted then sorry, I'm not
implying this. Listening to music via Softsqueeze OR a wired SB2 shows
that the system is 'sound', it's just the wireless side in my case
that's been a PITA. Now it's either the wireless section in my SB2
that's faulty, or it's the Belkin router, and the easiest way for me to
check this is to purchase an $80 Lynksys rather than another $200+
Squeezebox2. And if doing this does indeed clear all of the problems
I've faced over the past six or so weeks, then I'll be imploring anyone
who's interested in having a wireless SB2 system not to use a Belkin
router.

I'll post back with my findings, though it'll be in about 2-3 weeks
time in order to give me enough time to give the system a thorough
workout on my return.

Thanks for all your comms.

--
CavesOfTQLT