I have the Controller and iPeng on my iPod Touch. 99.9% of the time I
use iPeng rather than the Controller. The only thing the Controller has
is that it can be used as a portable Squeezebox player (through the
headphone jack), but the next version of iPeng should add that
functionality. However, I find that the Controller has problems with
wireless streaming and I have to limit all streams to it at 320kbps
(meaning the server has to transcode FLAC files down to that level).

At the moment my Controller is sat in it's cradle in the living room
acting as a nice, albeit expensive, clock. Given that an iPod+iPeng is
cheaper and the iPod so much more flexible as a device, it really is an
easy choice.

--
DoomWolf