What I believe is happening here is that when you insert the pen drive
into the Linux machine, it's being mounted with permissions that are
too strict for SBS to use them.  When you copy the files to your
server, the files keep those strict permissions.  I believe the
solution is to either run that command every time you copy music from
the pen drive, OR I believe that changing how the drive is mounted
might solve your problems once and for all.  You'll have to make some
changes to your fstab.  What is the filesystem on the pen drive?

See https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Fstab for more info.

--
cooppw02