This has been happening for ages, and it doesn't seem to affect the
normal running of the system, but I thought I'd finally try and figure
out what's going on...

I'm running Squeezecenter 7.3.2 on an Ubuntu machine. Every day (well,
every 24hours and 3mins to be exact - you could set your watch by it),
there's a segfault in squeezecenter-server. In fact there's a sequence
of 7 segfaults, one every 30 seconds. Then they stop, only to repeat
the next day. I note that the elapsed time for 7 failures 30 seconds
apart is 3 mins, so presumbly whatever it is that causes the segfaults
gets rescheduled for the next day after the 7 failures - hence the fact
it happens every 24 hours and 3 mins.

Clearly Squeezecenter (or perhaps a plugin?) is trying to do something
once a day, and gives up after 7 failures. I have Software Updates and
Library Rescanning switched OFF. Two questions:

1. What debug flags can I set to try and get more info about what's
happening?
2. How do I actually switch on the appropriate debug settings on an
Ubuntu installation?

Finally: please don't suggest that I upgrade to a newer version of
Squeezebox Server - the system is working fine (apart from this one
weirdness) and I'm not inclined to go through the hassle of updating on
the offchance it will fix this one tiny glitch.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A