pski;538236 Wrote:

> Don't be confused by the difference between the "internet connection"
> and the router's IP assignment: your connections will be going out on
> u-verse and the wires plugged-into the netgear will NOT be plugged-into
> the "different" <internet> port.

This didn't work, but I think I may have fallen victim to what you're
describing here.  I put the Netgear on 192.168.1.127 and turned off
DHCP.  I then connected an ethernet from one of the ports on the
gateway (position #4, I think) into the "internet" port on the Netgear.
Nothing worked when I did this.  Couldn't access anything (even the
Netgear setup page.)  So I'm back to how I was.

Are you saying I should have plugged the ethernet into one of the 1-4
ports on the Netgear?  (Methinks standard routers should come with more
than 4 ports.)

--
ajkidle

2x SBR, SB3, Boom, Radio, iPeng