leif;552925 Wrote:
> If my cat5e 300 + foot ethernet cable gets cut will I be able to splice
> it back together?

Is that cable 600, 500, 400, or now 300 feet long?  Has the cabin been
moving while you're doing all this?

If you're working at lengths that are borderline, then I hope it's
obvious that this could only make things worse.  If I had to make a
repair like that I'd punch one end down into and IDC jack and the other
into a plug.  If you're burying the cable naked under a couple inches of
dirt, or stringing it through the trees, then you'll want to protect the
connection from moisture by shrink tubing and/or duct taping the hell
out of it.

--
JJZolx

Jim