TheLastMan;568271 Wrote:
> Good grief! If you bought an LP a day, every day, 365 days a year it
> would take you over 12 years to acquire a collection of 4,500 LPs.  At
> a more normal (but still slightly obsessive) rate of 2 a week it would
> take over 43 years!
>
> How did you come by them all?  Have you bought whole collections of
> other peoples records?

I've never really thought of it like that. I have been buying music for
over 40 years though so I guess it does add up. I haven't bought too
many LP's in the last 10 years or so apart from about 200 classical
recordings and some high quality 180g pressings.

The thing is there was a time when I would happily buy 20-30 albums a
week as I seemed to spend all my free time in record shops - remember
those! Browsing CD's is just no fun for some reason. I guess I was very
obsessive:-)

I have acquired about 1500 albums from friends who abandened LP's in
favour of the silver disc so I guess its not quite so bad as it seems.

By the way I consider my collection as modest compared to some people I
know who have collections in the 10K+ albums bracket, and by todays
standards it's tiny compared to some peoples digital collections.

Oh, and yes I have listened to every single album at least once:-)

--
russelc

Regards, Chris

Hi-FI: SB3 (wireless), Ipod Touch (+iPeng), active Linn Kabers, 3 x
LK100, Kairn, LP12