On 08/11/2010 11:35 PM, eganders wrote:
> Given that we're already almost halfway through August 2010, I would not
> expect to see a "Boom 2" this year.  Even though these forums are not
> the official voice of Logitech, there are enough knowledgeable people
> around here that I'm confident we'd have an idea if something was
> coming soon.  The 2010 Holiday season is only 4.5 months away, and
> Squeeze products make great gifts, so it doesn't seem likely this
> year.

For the retailers of the world, the 2010 holiday season starts in about
20 days. You can not release a product late in the year. The retailers
have their product lines set and on the shelves by late October, and
they are focused only on selling from then on until the new year. Most
retailer's purchasing folks won't talk to you after September 1.

I have no information, and if I had any, I could not share it. I was a
beta tester for the Boom and the Radio, and for each, I had to sign a
non-disclosure-agreement. I don't think I could even say that I had not
signed an NDA.

So there may be a product in late Beta-test now, I just don't know or
can't say.

Logitech continues the tradition of most electronic firms; they never
comment on future products. They only announce products when they are in
the warehouses and ready to sell.  (The Touch was a special case
exception to that rule). So its pointless to speculate, those that know
are not talking, and those that are talking don't know.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/