loosetooth;574220 Wrote:
> Okay well lets be clear.  I am not talking about the buying of new CDs
> and turning them into FLAC and selling the originals on... it is a bit
> of a hassle.  From now I will buy FLACs from Napster or some such
> alternative....
>
> What we are talking about is the turning my present CDs (from the last
> 20 years) into FLACs and selling them.
>
> Is it illegal?  Probably.  But then it is legal to hang a Welshman in
> Worcester if you find him within the old walls and it is after
> midnight.... not all law is particularly sensible or adherred to.
>
> I feel no moral compunction to adhere to the law of destroying
> Radiohead's "OK Computer" after I have changed into a FLAC... I will
> sell it for £2-4 at a carboot and if that makes me a criminal then so
> be it.

Not sure about the Welshman in Worcester - I can see the logic in it,
but...

Anyway, it is definitely illegal in almost all countries. However, I'd
say the chance of detection & punishment is effectively nil.

I think that Radiohead CD's should be destroyed anyway, but that's just
me :-)

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect
cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.