Ralphy,

Thanks for the reply. As Gabe (on cc) describes, if I start squeezeslave (using
my default (HDMI) ALSA output device) before MythTV, I get sound from
squeezeslave and nothing from Myth. If I reverse the start-up order, I get
sound from Myth and nothing from squeezeslave. If Myth is running prior to
squeezeslave start-up, I don't see squeezeslave complaining it can't open the
device. I would need to look at the Myth logs to see if Myth complains if
squeezeslave is already running

> I just tried running two squeezeslaves on the default ALSA device and
> both streams played at the same time.

I'll try this case when I get home and let you know the results.

> I should be able to look into this next week.

Great - if you need anything further from, don't hesitate to get in touch.

Cheers,

Mike