ehjones;593796 Wrote:
> So after 5 years, several house moves and general abuse my Classic has
> died (endless rebooting cycle which my troubleshooting-fu has failed to
> solve).
Assuming you have tried factory resets and other operations of that
kind there are a few more things you could try.
1) See if you can borrow a power supply from someone, if it turns out
to be the cause of the problem it shouldn't be difficult sourcing a
replacement.
2) A weak point seems to be the WiFi board, quite a few people has been
able to resurrect their Classics by removing and/or replacing them.
Disassemble and remove the WiFi-board and see if it works that way. If
it does it might be possible to find replacement boards on eBay, unless
you're happy with using it wired of course.

If it's beyond repair, I'd say there's nothing wrong with buying a
Classic if you're happy with it. There seems to be some new in stock
and it's likely to be the last chance of getting an unused Classic.

--
alfista