aubuti;595590 Wrote:

> Note that sync'ing of software players is an inexact science, and
> generally does not work perfectly. But some people get lucky.
> Sometimes.
I must be one of the lucky ones - but all the time.
I have a PC (winxp squeezeslave ASIO -> Behringer UCA202 -> receiver ->
speakers) in one room and my hifi stack with SB3 in an adjoining room.
Both systems are using the DAC in the attached receiver. SB server's
running on a third machine, a server of all things, in the basement.
Everything's hard wired.
I can often hear audio from both systems simultaneously, and detect no
out-of-synchronization, even when walking between rooms. Yes, I'm aware
of the way that our auditory apparatus will damp out early reflections,
so synch is probably not perfect.
As I remember, squeezeslave's got some timing adjustments available.
I've not needed them, though.

If I'm not just very lucky, I'm doing something that folks with synch
problems are not doing. Or some combination, including luck, of
course...

--
bobkoure