> Really? Both of mine are metal. I carry (sorry, carried) them around in
> 19" racks.

Sorry, should have been more specific. The fascia was plastic (matt
finish IIRC), the case was indeed metal.
> They were rubber chicklet buttons. Not the nicest, true. But they worked
> fine
Indeed, they worked fine. But they didn't look the part for a hifi
rack. There were too many buttons, the lettering was ugly, they felt
cheap, etc etc. Again, fine for a pro/studio environment, but not
suitable for home (IMHO).
> I, for one, appreciated the 1U size, because I could put 2 (and a small
> control computer) inside a 4U Gator Rolling Rack. Although, for a DJ, a
> dual unit inside 1U would have made more sense.
Again, if you're in a studio or live environment 1U is perfect. It's
not perfect for home.

As an (offtopic) aside, I can't quite get how you'd DJ with either SBs
or Audiotron - no pitch control, no cueing, not even decent FF/REW. I
love my SB2s for home use, but there's no way I'd take them anywhere
near a club. There are much much better tools for that
(http://www.serato.com/products/scratchlive/).

--
radish