On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 17:49 -0700, alexir wrote:
> That's why I hate hardware and love software :)
> With software, I just go to settings and set the speed to 10. Problem
> solved. With hardware I have to know what 568B means and how it is
> different from 568A :)

Nah, you just have to be consistent. The signals don't know
what color the wire is. You can invent your own scheme as long
as you do both ends. Might make a difference at way high
speeds, and really long distances, but most of the time
it isn't important.

A is the first letter of the English alphabet, and B is the second.
The great thing about standards is that there are so many to chose from.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html