Same thing for me.

I have a squeezebox touch, mostly used with Squeezecenter running on
Windows XP SP3, or with mysqueezebox.com for radio streams when I turn
off the computer (or don't want to run squeezecenter).

The touch is wired to the router.
The first day using 7.5.3 was so awful that I was about to revert to
7.5.2
I was listening to a radio stream, and it stopped every ten minutes or
so.
Things are better now, but I still have problems.

Sometimes, playing still just stops, which is much worse than the
rebuffering problems I sometimes had with 7.5.2.
At least, after rebuffering, music started again.

I use alarm, but I always have also a a "real" alarm clock to be sure
to wake up.
Touch'alarm function is definitly not reliable.

--
nicolas75