Thanks every one for your responses.

ModelCitizen - im glad im not the only one who is experiencing this.
Ill have a look at the tools you mentioned.  From the sounds of it you
have a controller, so seems strange you are happy to use your iPhone to
do the job of it.

Chill - Thanks alot, I didnt realise that, and it explains alot.  Seems
strange to be "streaming" the menus to the controller, you would think
it would update the controller with the relevant interface to make sure
it was quick.  Persumably since the SBS creates the list of my library,
does it even need to stream the library?! surly it just needs the list
of folders availble uploaded to the controller, which then just creates
the link to play the file.  Of course I know that I am looking at this
all very simply, however I just cant help that the whole thing could be
done better.

Phil Leigh - thanks for your response - though i have to admit not one
i like to hear!!  I would assume that most poeple use their squeezebox
with a normal computer switched on then??  Which is what I was trying
to avoid.  Since one of the ReadyNAS's selling points is that it has
the SBS (among others) built in, its a bit of a disspointment to hear
it may not be up to the job.  Since I have to use my NAS to store my
music on, its pointless testing my local machine as thats not how I
would use it

Thanks everyone for your input.  Seems like the playlists are a problem
at thier end, however the slowness is possibly an issue with my setup.

peace

Bob

--
bob_mcbob