I had the same problem with the update and roll back process. I stumbled
across 7.5.4 which seems to be stable, and stopped the update screen.
As a side note I also tried 7.6, which seems really cool. I could
control the boxes from my netbook, but I also had some scanning and GUI
issues, and it may be too early to go that route, for me anyway.
Good luck.

--
Fahzz

Living Room: Duet, Adcom GFA 545II, Adcom GFP 555II, Polk SDA 2B
Dining Room: Paradigm Atom Monitor v.5
Bedroom: SB3,  Pioneer VSX 5700S,Pinnacle PN 5+, M&K VX-7 Subwoofer
Router: Linksys WRT54G
Server: Acer Aspire Laptop, Windows XP Home