They forwarded the problem to a generic customer service support center.
The bottom line is it costs MagicJack money so they are not going to do
it.

Fwd email;612535 Wrote:

> RE: Problem calling Los Angeles (213) area code
> Monday, February 21, 2011 2:53 PM
> From: "ConsumerIssuesDept" <consumerissuesd...@magicjack.com>
>
> Dear magicJack Customer:
>
> magicJack reserves the right to block calls to phone numbers that abuse
> its services.  Any service provider who is currently being blocked may
> interconnect with magicJack for free so our customers may complete
> their calls.
>
> In the meantime we would be happy to offer you a refund of your unused
> magicjack and related services per pro rata method, i.e., if used six
> months, your refund would be approximately $20.00.
>
> To obtain a refund please return your magicJack to the following
> address and enclose a refund request which includes your name,
> magicJack phone number and full mailing address.
>
> magicJack, LP
>
> Attention: Consumer Issues Department
> P. O. Box 16176
> West Palm Beach, FL  33416
>
> We will credit the form of payment you used to purchase your magicJack
> or mail you a check.
>
> As an alternative, you may want to purchase international calling
> credits through your magicJack account.
>
> Should you choose to return your magicJack for a refund, future
> registrations may be prevented.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> magicJack Customer Care

What MagicJack didn't say in that email was, as my friend explained to
me, the FCC has some regulation where if the user calls these
teleconference numbers, MagicJack has to pay a fee (as oppose to when
the user calls ordinary numbers, the telephone company has to pay
MagicJack). This is why MagicJack is so cheap...they make a profit
every time you make a call.

But I hate it most when this topic about starting a Squeezebox Radio
Show turns into a topic about MagicJack.

--
chipmalee