technojunkie;616684 Wrote:
> I have recently installed server version 7.5.3 and, after re-scanning my
> music library, everything seemed fine and all the the library info was
> shown correctly.
>
> However, when I manually restarted the server, the number of artists
> had changed to 0 and the artist names had disappeared. All album info,
> number of songs, genres and pictures were still there but artists had
> disappeared. I therefore cleared the cache and re-scanned the library.
> After the rescan, I checked artists and all the artists names were
> there but, after restarting the server, they had disappeared again !
>
> I have tried installing the nightly version 7.5.4 and but still have
> the same problem. One minute the artist info is there and then, after a
> restart, it disappears.
>
> Can anyone please tell me how to resolve this problem ?
>
> I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
>
> Thank you

You should have an error message in scanner.log or server.log - your
problem is usually caused by a failure in the very last stage of the
scanning process - often anti-virus software is the problem, what are
you using?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF
x-dacv3/x-10/x-psu(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner,
Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber 8TC Speaker &
Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.