mherger;620294 Wrote:
> > Does the app only check for local servers on the standard port?  My
> > server is running on a non-standard port and the app doesn't find
> > anything
>
> No, the app should discover all servers on the network, no matter what
> port it's running on. Is your Wifi enabled? Are you on the same network
> as your players?

It would be nice if one can specify the ip/hostname of the server. My
server does not run on the same network as my squeezebox (I'm streaming
from an outside server) and is not detected by the app (additionally the
app complains about some connectivity problem and ask me to check my
network settings...).

Also, is the connexion to mysqueezebox.com necessary? I don't use that
at all, I was a bit puzzled by having to enter username and password
for this service to control my local box.

Thanks in advance!

Fabrice

--
fabrice