mherger;626160 Wrote:
> > It should be available in Japan, right, as it was some weeks ago when
> > installed it to my 2.3.1 rom.
>
> Just wanted to ask... how did you get it in Japan? Because it's the
> very
> country why we can't enable the "all locations" checkbox. Logitech
> doesn't
> own the "Logitech" brand in Japan, thus the app would need to be
> re-branded to "Logicool" for the Japanese market.
>

> > Word has it, that apps which have the "copy protection" setting
> enabled
> > do not show up on 2.3.2 roms.
>
> We don't use the copy protection. But the app indeed should _not_ be
> available in Japan. As you had bought your device in the US, maybe it
>
> somehow still was registered outside Japan before the update?
>
> --
>
> Michael

I travel to Germany on business every 3-4 month, and use a pre-paid SIM
card on one of the local providers.
I think this is where I was able to install the app initially.

What kind of "legal bullshit" is this "re-branding the app first"?
I imported the LOGITECH! Sqeezebox Boom from Germany to Japan, so that
I can listen to all my favorite German radio streams.

I have a remote control for Light, Toaster, Toilet, ..., (as usual in
Japan), but to change the volume of my Squeezebox alarm I have to get
out of bed!?!    :(

I beg you, please find a simple solution to make this app available to
me (e.g. send me a link to the apk file).
I personally don't care if it is branded Logitech or Logicool. And I
won't tell my Japanese friends, I promise.

Thanks and regards,
A. Rossband

--
arossband