aubuti;627708 Wrote:
> I would say that for most users (but certainly not all), the SBS web ui
> isn't the preferred interface. Rather, most people turn to one of the
> remotes, such as an SB infrared remote, SB Controller, iPhone/iTouch
> with iPeng, Android phone, or other device. One of the main ideas
> behind SBs is being able to control your music without sitting at the
> computer.
>
> If you want a more refined front-end than the SBS web ui, you may want
> to look at Moose or muso, which are dedicated Windows applications for
> controlling SBs.
>
> Finally, the SB protocol (slimproto) is open and documented, so it
> should be possible to write a Winamp plugin to control Squeezeboxes,
> though I'm not so sure about WMP's capabilities in this regard. For
> example, someone wrote such an interface for foobar2000, software that
> may be considered in the same "family" as Winamp. Someone just needs to
> write the Winamp plugin.

Hi, I wasn't aware of Moose - just checked it out and it looks really
good. Much easier and faster to control the player. So thanks for
pointing that out to me! I understand that a plugin e.g. for Winamp
could be written by someone. I was just assuming that Logitech might
want to put more effort here by themselves (e.g. convincing MS to
support it directly), as this functionality is bascially what Apples
Airplay does and with Airplay integration in many A/V receivers this
year, it became a direct competitor for the Squeezebox.

--
doozer