aubuti;629438 Wrote:
> That was my first impression as well, although the wave track was much
> more extreme than StereoXL in expanding the "width" of the sound. I
> only listened on completely cheapo computer speakers attached to my
> monitor, but I thought the effect was more like "widescreen 2D" than
> 3D. I don't know the technical ins and outs, but isn't it basically
> about fiddling with the phasing of the two channels?

It's really hard to form an impression without a treated and untreated
sample to compare against!

I'd also like to hear what happens when you press the "mono" button...
that will instantly tell you if this involves any channel phase
manipulation :-)

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.