Apesbrain;640695 Wrote:

> That depends on whether you can get beyond your belief that there is
> something deficient about how iTunes does the same thing.
I'm not sure iTunes does an AccurateRip (or something like it - no
reason they couldn't as I'm sure apple has all the CRC data necessary).
dbPoweramp can rip to Apple lossless if you care about this.
Either way, the only issue is that you're doing AAC->PCM/FLAC
conversion at playtime on the server. Probably not a big deal.
As far as "future proof", well, dbPoweramp's got a converter, so you
can convert everything to FLAC (or other lossless format) without
losing quality or tags. Basically, so long as you get a good rip into
-some- lossless format, you won't have to rip those CDs again.

--
bobkoure