results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=88916
Question: Why do you continue to use Squeezebox ?

- I'm satisfied with the Squeezebox system, why change something that
  works good ?
- I have already invested too much in Squeezebox devices, would cost
  too much to switch
- I have just purchased a new Squeezebox and won't switch to
  something else anytime soon
- I love the 3rd party plugin/app model and would only switch to
  something else that supports this
- I would consider switching if someone offered something with
  similar functionality
- I have already started to look for something else but haven't found
  anything interesting yet
- I have already started or completed the transition to something
  else

I had an Olive 4 with the Melody 2 player, but became dissatisfied with
their closed, proprietary approach (even though it is largely Linux
based). I looked into DLNA, but find the "standards" to be weak, and
hence compatibility and interoperability suffers. I could never get any
of my supposedly DLNA compatible gear and software to play nice together
to my satisfaction.

I had an SB3 before the Olive, so I was familiar with the Squeezebox
approach. The added capabilities of the Touch and Radios was just icing
for the cake. I have never listened to so much of my own music library
in the house since buying the Touches and Radios. A Touch with a
DacMagic was a good replacement for the Olive 4 on my 2 channel
system.

I realized the Squeezebox is not the best option for everyone. I've
been building my own computers for over 15 years, so some of the
software and hardware "challenges" don't bother me. Overall I'm really
happy with my system, and would be at a loss as to what to replace it
with if the product line and support faded away.

--
vrette

(3) SB Touch, (3) SB Radio, Cambridge Audio 840AV2, 340T, DacMagic, B&W
683, HSU VFT2-MK3, Logitech Harmony 880, 7.5 on Asus E35M1-M PRO Win7
64 bit , and a bunch of other stuff...