Michael:
I -thought- the way it worked was that there were 'M' icons on the left
panel that meant 'more' and 'M' icons on the right panel that meant
'mixer'. At least that that's the way it worked for me, way back in the
early betas, which I had to move back away from because of scanner
issues.
BTW, it seems to have vanished from Squeeze Commander as well.

Yeoman: Thanks for the response! I thought I was causing the problem
myself somehow.

MJM: I'm not sure that bug is causing a musicIP issue. Time to find a
SQLite utility and see what's actually in the db, I guess.

BTW, restarting everything is the first thing I do.
If you have SBS running on a win server, there's a utility called
psservice that will let you do this remotely. I have a shortcut that's
-psservice \\server4 restart "Squeezebox Server"-

As for making sure MusicIP is running, I have the SBS service
'depending' on the MusicIP service, so the system will startup MusicIP
before starting SBS.

--
bobkoure