Yes, that's true...I've done it myself actually :-).

The tricky part in this whole thing is that there is an iso image
involved.  I was assuming the steps to create the file would be
generate iso image (which would be individual wave files from original
CD essentially) and then convert that to WavePack.  Reversing the steps
would involve first converting back to wave.

It seems really convoluted to me.  The OP should probably question that
originator of the file for advice :-).

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod
Touch.  SuSE 11.0 Server running SqueezeBoxServer 7.5.5, MusicIP, and
SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 37,509 songs, 2,934 albums, 515 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior