pippin;661237 Wrote:
> I believe I know the numbers and it's closer to 30.000£ than to
> 150.000£.
> Plus, a lot of that was BEFORE the Logitech App came out.
> Google gets 30% and the tax man between 25% and 50% so do your math,
> how many years can you live off that?
>
> It's the same with iPeng. iPeng is still doing fine in comparison but
> it's at the brink of what justifies a full-scale effort. I would
> probably not start to develop it know if I didn't already have it.
>
> Logitech keeps changing so much on the Squeezebox System that you can't
> just sit back and keep counting money.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying that it should be first priority,
far from it, and hope everything is ok with Christian.

The actual income % is very interesting so thanks for sharing. However
at £30,000 less google amount and tax of 40% its still 13k (which is
the bare minimum) which on top of main job, again still a decent amount
to make - for then to communicate once in 5 months isn't great.

There would be potential to make more money had this been supported
well, an android tablet version would be very popular IMO -
squeezecommander has the basis of a very good app but is buggy and
unsupported in its current form for many users.

--
socistep