jarome;666842 Wrote:
> Issues with the upgrade:
>
> 1. When I upgrade my server software, it forgets all the settings on my
> Squeeze devices (I have 7 of them). It is particularly annoying to have
> to redo the menu items every time, especially because the interface is
> so very sucky. Why can't the menu items scroll? I.e., when an item is
> at the bottom, why won't the down arrow put it at the top? Or better
> yet allow drag and drop to rearrange them?
>
> 2. On OS X Lion, the preferences pane said there was an upgrade
> available, but after 2 tries, it did not install.
>
> 3. Why change the server name yet again? This caused me to uninstall
> the old version on my Linux machine, which might have killed the
> preferences in #1 above. But in /etc/init.d, it still seems to be
> called squeezeboxserver. I spent some time looking for a different
> name...
>
> 4. It would be really good to give us some instructions on how to take
> advantage of mew features, and what they are. The release notes are
> useless for this. Like what is MOG? What does "Connect to
> Logitech media Server" do?
> If the squeezeboxserver is now exposed as a Media Server, What
> hardware/software can I use to access it this way? Do I need to open
> new firewall ports?
>
> Jim

It is possible to install LMS7.7 over SBS7.6 all settings will be
preserved in Linux, the LMS package obseletesnthe SBS package , as you
figured lms is a comsmetic name change so it reuses tha same user and
this does notmupset any permissions. this was smooth.

the squeezecenter to squeezeboxserver name change was more troublesome
on linux it wrecked a lot of things, so they made it really easy this
time.

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(in storage SB3, reciever )