Gingernut63;670955 Wrote:
> Go to the MonkeySqueeze addons site > Version history and download
> Version 1.5.0.110814. It was the last version to communicate with the
> SS or LMS CLI so it may work with TinySC.
>
> http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/browse/item/monkeysqueeze/
>
> Uninstall the present version of MonkeySqueeze (see user guide) before
> installing V1.5. Make sure you run MediaMonkey in Admin mode before
> install. Just remember it has reduced functionality and anyway this is
> a test to see what happens.
>
> Let me know what happens please as I do not have access to a Touch.

I had a quick try but could not connect.
I must say I was too lazy to install Squeezeplay.
If I understood correctly Squeezeplay is required for MS 1.5
The notes also say that version 1.5 doesn't work with some linux or NAS
distributions, so I am not sure it is ok for Touch internal platform.

MonkeySqueeze 2.0 does it perfectly for me.
TinySC is not such a big deal since I need a computer to run
MediaMonkey.
If there are logs somewhere which can explain why I cannot connect to
TinySBS, just tell me where they are.

Another question :
Sound quality is much better with MonkeySqueeze and Touch, than if I go
through a USB dac from the PC to the amplifier.

The USB dac I tried is not as good as Touch's one.
But if I understand correctly, with MonkeySqueeze, you just tell LMS
what to play, and the sound quality is controlled by LMS setup and the
Touch.
That means it is much better than to have to deal with OS audio
settings and  USB dac driver.

For example MediaMonkey equalizer doesn't affect the Touch playback.
So I guess I don't loose any sound quality, and gains the much better
MediaMonkey library management and interface.

Is that correct ?
One thing that prevented me to try MonkeySqueeze sooner is that I
believed I would run into OS specific sound quality problem.

--
nicolas75