nicolas75;671089 Wrote:

> Another question :
> Sound quality is much better with MonkeySqueeze and Touch, than if I go
> through a USB dac from the PC to the amplifier.
>
> The USB dac I tried is not as good as Touch's one.
> But if I understand correctly, with MonkeySqueeze, you just tell LMS
> what to play, and the sound quality is controlled by LMS setup and the
> Touch.
> That means it is much better than to have to deal with OS audio
> settings and  USB dac driver.
>
> For example MediaMonkey equalizer doesn't affect the Touch playback.
> So I guess I don't loose any sound quality, and gains the much better
> MediaMonkey library management and interface.
>
> Is that correct ?
> One thing that prevented me to try MonkeySqueeze sooner is that I
> believed I would run into OS specific sound quality problem.

Yes that is correct. The Squeezebox devices are playing music direct
from the source so to speak, the music library. MediaMonkey via
MonkeySqueeze is just giving the address, it's not streaming. This
applies to LMS on a PC or NAS.

That is the advantage of Squeezebox hardware, good quality DAC. From
what I've read, most USB DACs don't work as well as expected. I
personally use a high end sound card which I find acceptable, but
purists will probably not be impressed.

If using LMS on a PC and it's not linked to a library but an empty
folder, it will play the music MM/MS tells it to. It also keeps the
address information and you will gradually see the same music appear in
the LMS My Music database. You can select and play this music
independently of MM/MS. If you do a rescan of the music library (empty
folder) it will wipe this information.

Yes modifying the the music which plays in MediaMonkey using crossfade,
remove silence etc... has no affect on the music in LMS. That is why you
need to disable those functions in MM when using V2.0.0 as they will
affect the buffering/lag issue. Not important in current Beta with
playlist sync.

Regarding V1.5 you only need SqueezePlay if you wish to play music on a
PC in-sync with Squeezebox system. In other words V1.5 works the same as
V2.0 except it communicates via the CLI (9090)instead of the HTTP port
(9000).

I'll have to get back to you regarding the logging.

--
Gingernut63

Gingernut63

MonkeySqueeze - Squeezing music into your life!
http://twitter.com/#!/MonkeySqueeze1
MonkeySqueeze Support:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59515
MonkeySqueeze Development:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=59907
Squeezebox Boom - SqueezePlay - Squeeze Player - MediaMonkey -
MonkeyTunes