The original SLIM guys had a vision and it's actually stood the test of
time well.  I still have a couple of SLIMP3's being used as well as
every other box except boom, now in every room in the house except
batroom! (yep, garage, shed, hall, conservatory etc.).  To my mind, the
SB3 was an excellent device with no hassle.  Logitech have tried to make
the devices more capable and complex recently, but maybe a cut-price
simple device where you don't have to be a geek or a nerd to make it
all work would sell well.  I know a few folk who gave up on Touch's and
bought instead all SB3's for their simplicity (and they just work).  I
don't think the players are in their twilight - with the new Android
and IOS apps as controllers I believe they have a new lease of life.

--
yeomanspc