My server is an Atom machine, so it is slow. I guess that's probably
fine then. I didn't realise that the CPU intensive part was on the side
of Whitebear and not the WMP client.

OK, I have deleted the WMP cache again and logged the whole process of
creating a new one. It's about 67 Mb zipped up to 7. I have put it on
my public dropbox, I'll PM you the details.

If you want to search for an album with dupes (it is always that either
all the tracks in a album are duped, or none is), search for anything by
the Concretes. All their three albums are duped in the UPnP library in
WMP.

Another thing I have noticed: when I try to render m4a files on the
Squeezebox which are either local on the DLNA controller machine or
being served by WB, they in fact are stuck on repeat: the tracks never
progress by loop, until I press the next track button. Other file
formats are perfectly fine.

Thanks!

--
Wigster