AndreE;676185 Wrote:
> Just 5 years and a bit less than 2 month Logitech has acquired Slim
> Devices
> http://www.logitech.com/en-us/172/2763
>
> It was interesting discussion triggered after this renouncement with a
> lot of glory and concerns
>
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=28821
>
> What do you think about it?
> What parts of that earlier discussions have become truth and what do
> you think was evaporating with the time passing by?

It's pretty obvious that most of the worries either have or will become
the truth. The reason it's not already the case is mainly because there
are still some employees with the spirits from Slim Devices fighting
for the products. I believe several of the employees which have fought
for the products was actually hired thanks to the acquisition which
allowed them to increase the size of the Squeezebox team.

However, it's also important to realize that we aren't sure Slim
Devices would have survived the increased development costs during
Radio, Touch, Duet without the help of the economical strength from
Logitech. Slim Devices might have been bankrupt if they hadn't been
acquired by Logitech.

One of the main reasons Radio, and possibly Touch, is selling pretty
good is probably because Logitech has succeeded to put them on the
shelves on the local stores all over the world, something that would
have been very hard for Slim Devices to do by themselves.

It's easy to say "I told you so..." but you also have to think about
what the alternative would have been, it could have been a lot worse
than what we have today.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.