Chris - funnily enough - my SB3 did this 2 days ago.  It happened after
I selected mysqueezbox.com on the player - which I've never selected
before. As soon as I did this - the screen went blank.  I disconnected
the power source to reboot - got the logo etc. like you and then
nothing - blank screen. Was running Squeezeserver 7.4.1.  Went into Web
Control and player not visible. Several more player reboots by
disconnecting power did nothing.  I rebooted the server software - no
change.  Finally, I reinstalled Squeezeserver 7.4.1 and the problem
resolved itself.  Don't know what caused it or what fixed it - however,
I'm not going to select mysqueezebox.com again to find out.

Good luck Chris. My problem may not be related to yours but when I read
your post - the symptom was exactly the same as what I had experienced.
I think your SB3 is still ok and it is most likely a software issue.
works the best for me for some reason.

regards Mike

--
Aztek