aubuti;691564 Wrote:
> I think Erland summarized it well, but if you want to compare pre/post
> Logitech acquisition you should also know that the dividing line is
> rather fuzzy. The SB3 and Transporter were the last two products sold
> by Slim Devices, and the Duet was the first in the SB line by Logitech.
> I understand that work on the Duet, and possibly the Boom, was underway
> before the acquisition, but how much (25%? 50%? 85%?) isn't widely
> known.

I've seen the Logitech Wireless DJ product, reviewed by cnet in 2006,
which has many of the Duet's features (scroll wheel, 2 part system with
controller and decoder box which connects to the stereo, which came out
post Slim Devices Acquisition in 2008, so maybe the Duet was something
being developed by Logitech and it was not a Slim Devices device.

Way back then I considered the Wireless DJ or a Roku Soundbridge to
stream Internet radio around the house, but was informed of the
Squeezebox SB3 at a high end audio show - a device which had true bit
accurate streaming (Roku resampled everything and DJ didn't support
lossless formats), FLAC support and true high fidelity (and the SB3 met
my design ideals for a hi-fi product that has no knobs, works only with
a remote control and is on all of the time).

http://reviews.cnet.com/remote-controls/logitech-wireless-dj-music/4505-7900_7-32004279.html

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/70/457

|Filename: 2549.jpg                                                 |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13105|

musicom