Finchy;692431 Wrote:
> OK, so I have copied the iTunesUpdate.pl file from the LMS cache folder
> onto my laptop into the iTunes folder, and copied the iTunes_Hist.txt
> file from the playlists folder there as well.
>
> I have created a .bat file with the following;
>
> C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe "C:\Users\Matthew\My Music\iTunes\iTunesUpdate.pl"
> iTunes_Hist.txt
>
> (C:\Music\iTunes\ being the path of the Windows data files and
> C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe being the path of the perl installation, but it's
> not updating. I get the CMD window pop up but quickly close. What am I
> doing wrong? Have I got the right idea and just using the wrong script?

What you have done sounds correctly, but maybe you could try to open a
command prompt and run the bat file from the command prompt so you can
see what it says ?
At the moment it sounds like just closes the window so you have no idea
what the error is.

Finchy;692431 Wrote:

> Presumably the iTunesUpdate.pl won't change, so what I'd like to do is
> be able to set up a script on the laptop to point to the
> iTunes_Hist.txt on the LMS but update on the laptop, and set it to
> schedule so it runs periodically.
>
> Should the iTunes_Hist.txt be purged when it does update?

If I remember correctly, the iTunes_Hist.txt file is renamed at the end
of the execution so the next time you run the script it will be a new
file which only contains the changes since last time the script was
run.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.