Finchy;692043 Wrote:
> The TrackStatiTunesUpdate.pl in mine is really old, last modified
> 10/7/2009, so I presume it's not writing to it. Also, the
> iTunesUpdate.pl file in the folder
> C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\iTunesUpdate
> has not been modified since 2010.

Those are the correct ones, if you use TrackStat you use:
C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\TrackStat\TrackStatiTunesUpdate.plp
And if you use iTunes Update, you use:
C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\iTunesUpdate\iTunesUpdate.pl

Finchy;692043 Wrote:

> The only thing that I can find that's recording the songs played is the
> playlist generated in the designated 'Playlists' folder.

With TrackStat, you have to also have Custom Scan plugin installed, and
you will then find a "Output directory" setting in Custom Scan Settings
page under the TrackStat Statistics Export module.

I don't remember exactly how it looks like in iTunes Update, but I know
there is a "Direct Update" option in its settings page which needs to be
turned off if you don't have iTunes on the same machine. Turning this
option off will make iTunes Update producing a text file instead of
calling iTunes directly. Based on the source code which I just took a
look at, I think it produce a iTunes_Hist.txt file in the Playlist
Folder. Maybe that's the one you are seeing ?

Finchy;692043 Wrote:

> If I want to just use iTunesUpdate where do I find the equivalent file
> for that and what is it called?

For iTunes Update you would use:
C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\iTunesUpdate\iTunesUpdate.pl
and specify the iTunes_Hist.txt file it generates as input

Finchy;692043 Wrote:

> Also, how do I use perl? Do I just create a text file to run PERL with
> the relevant paths and just run the script (or set it to be
> scheduled?)

You run perl from a command prompt something like this:
perl.exe
C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\iTunesUpdate\iTunesUpdate.pl
iTunes_Hist.txt
(Assuming you stand in the directory where the iTunes_Hist.txt file
is)

If you use TrackStat, you would use the same principle, just use the
TrackStat provided TrackStatiTunesUpdate.pl file and the txt file
generated by TrackStat.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.