TheLastMan;695899 Wrote:
> I put my cds in the attic in their Jazz Loft sleeves (in boxes), which
> saves space in the loft as well as the racks. On your other questions:
>
> a) The Jazz Loft sleeves take up less room than a standard CD case so
> will fit in your racks. What is more the "spine" piece of the back card
> with the CD title information shows when in a rack in the same way as
> with a CD jewel case, so you can read what the CD is without pulling
> the sleeve out of the rack.
>
> b) The Jazz Loft sleeves are a gate-fold design so take the back card
> and CD in the right half and the insert in the left. The only thing
> discarded is the plastic case.
>
> For deluxe box sets with books I just keep the CDs in their original
> packaging.  I only use the Jazz Loft sleeves to replace standard CD
> jewel cases.
>
> I would not separate the CD from its insert either so leave both
> together in the loft.  I find myself referring to the web when I need
> information on a recording these days. Usually a lot more informative
> than the sleeve notes.
>
> [EDIT] Product web page:
> http://www.jazzloft.com/p-34281-space-saving-cd-sleeves.aspx

similarly, I use "jewel sleeve" cases, and these contain CDs, front and
back inserts, booklets, etc. Only thing gone is the plastic jewel case.
I have in either special file cabinets or trunks (designed to hold the
jewel sleeves) in my home's utility room. This saved LOTS of space for
me. And frankly, once ripped, booklet read, etc. I never want to see
the actual CD again. As mentioned, I can find lots of info about each
album on the internet and only rarely have looked back at booklet.
Although they are well organized and I certainly can pull them out
easily.

--
garym

*Location 1:* VB Appliance 6TB (1.10) > LMS 7.7.1 > Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VB Appliance 3TB (2.0) > LMS 7.7.1 > Touch > Benchmark
DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.7.1 > SqueezePlay
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controllers: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER,
or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag