Wait until one of the next iTunes or OSX updates blows away the "just
works" appeal of the Apple setup and you know that versioning issues
are not limited to the Squeezebox.

I know what I'm taking about. Apart from the Squeezeboxes I have an
almost purely Apple setup here these days but I do experience these
kinds of issues once your systems grow older and you've seen more than
the first release.

iTunes is a notorious troublemaker for me as is iTunes match (I do have
a decent number of tracks in my iTunes matched library that I've never
seen before while almost half of my own library is missing even though
it claims everything was uploaded).
Today I wanted to stream a YouTube video from my iPad 3 to the TV just
to get some weird error message that I did not have a HDMI cable or
something was wrong with the cable. I believe what it was trying to
tell me is that AppleTV2 doesn't support the resolution I'm trying to
stream but who knows, it didn't sound anything like that.

I have had more than one case where I downloaded a movie for hours from
iTunes just to then learn that for some reason it can't be shown :(

But what's worst, AppleTV radiates so much EMV that I lose half of my
TV channels once it starts downloading stuff.

I could go on about Lion which is a complete dud but want to spare you
the rant.

Don't get me wrong, I like my Mac and my iThingies it's just that I had
to learn over time that their quality isn't better than other people's,
it's just that initially everything works out of the box, the problems
start with the updates....

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com