Another method which I use is to rip to specific directories and then
simply use a windows shortcut to include those you want in the 'SS
Music Folder'.  This is the same method you would use to access more
than one hard drive or partition.

I used this primarily to exclude Christmas Music from Random Play but
thanks to the team that is no longer an issue as we now have the
facility built into 6.2.

For example:

My 'SS Music Folder' is set to:  D:\ss music

My audio files are arranged as follows (I have 2 HD's):

Classical music - D:\FLAC\Classical\Artist\Album\filename.flac
Christmas Music - D:\FLAC\Christmas\Artist\Album\filename.flac
Various Artist Compilations (not from CD rips) -
D:\FLAC\NonCD\VA\Album\filename.flac
All other music (not from CD rips) -
D:\FLAC\NonCD\Artist\Album\filename.flac

Various Artist Compilations (From CD rips) -
E:\FLAC\CD\VA\Album\filename.flac
All other music (From CD rips) - E:\FLAC\CD\Artist\Album\filename.flac

My 'SS Music Folder' will only contain a windows shortcut to each of
the above folders I want to be scanned.
So normally it contains links to:

D:\FLAC\Classical\
D:\FLAC\NonCD\VA\
D:\FLAC\NonCD\
E:\FLAC\CD\VA\
E:\FLAC\CD\

i.e. all the above except for the Christmas Music.

In December I will just add a link to that and rescan.  In January I
will delete that link and rescan.

I hope this helps until SS is able to just let you choose only those
folders you want.  It has been discussed a few time in the forums over
the last year.

On a side note SS 6.2's new Various Artists/Compilation system works
perfectly with the above VA folders structure.

David

--
DJMUK