MrSinatra wrote:

> my guess is u are trying to do something inside server, like a plugin.
> i would suggest your efforts would be a lot more useful if done OUTSIDE
> of server, and besides, server could just read the apps output dir.
> meanwhile, users of other apps could benefit!

Aren't there already other external applications that handles this well
already ?

The reason I started this thread was to investigate what would be needed
to make something that works good for Squeezebox.
I don't really use static playlists myself much, so I need information
from people that actually use them to better understand the needs.
Personally I mostly use smart playlists (through SQL Playlist/Dynamic
Playlist) as I like to focus on listening to music rather than spending
the time maintaining playlists, but I could see scenarios, like parties
or special events, where the exact tracks and order of them could be
important and due to this static playlists would be needed.

Still, I'm skeptical if it's possible to implement it as a plugin as I
think it requires a rich user interface to really work and I'm not sure
the SBS/LMS web interface is suitable for this kind of usage.