I realize that this is a "give me ideas for new plugins" thread, but I
have to say that what I feel is missing in the Squeezebox "experience"
is missing from the base server.

-  Browse Album Artists.

-  A better, more dynamic web interface with more attention paid to
  making it easily skinable by end users.

-  More flexibility in configuring the SqueezePlay interface - text
  size, color, now playing, title formatting.

-  More SqueezePlay player settings exposed in the web ui.

-  Better (and more reliable) cover management, including the ability
  to rescan only covers, and the ability to detect cover changes in a
  new & changed scan.

-  Better/more options in volume syncing. Volume syncing a Boom or
  Radio with players attached to stereos having a separate volume
  control just doesn't work.

-  A more powerful Random Mix.

  -  An option to exclude unchecked genres when a track has multiple
    genres. Or make it the standard behavior.

  -  The ability to set a date (year) range.

  -  Save and play random mix settings by name.

-  Bug fixes galore.

    onebrowser.

  -  Rethink and fix VA handling.